At birth a young piglet is sterile and the intestinal tract does not contain any significant microflora. During birth process and immediately after birth, the piglet gets in contact with different types of bacteria which will start colonisation of the intestinal tract. If the development of the intestinal flora is balanced, the evolution of the digestive tract will be positive and will contribute to a healthy and well performing piglet. If disturbance of the intestinal microflora occurs due to high pressure of pathogenic bacteria, this will lead to diarrhoea, damages to the gut, inflammation and reduced technical performance. This imbalance can also occur whenever sudden changes are made in the life of a young piglet, such as weaning, feed transition or other stress factors.
Novyrate Piglet is a unique gut conditioner to prevent and relief the impact of diarrhea and to support medical treatments of digestive issues. It reduces the losses in technical performance and ensures an optimal protection and quick repair of the intestinal health. Every single dose will act as a coating within the digestive tract and will supply essential active components:
- Cheaters: a highly efficient and selective tri-lamellar smectite clay mineral will absorb toxins produced by an imbalanced microflora, resulting in a significant reduction of the enterotoxaemia hazard.
- Electrolytes will compensate for the losses and restore the animals’ electrolyte balance.
- Energy: Highly absorbable and immediately metabolisable energy sources based simple sugars will prevent shortage during periods of low feed intake.
- Plant extracts with strong antibacterial properties while others have an anti-inflammatory or anti-spasmodic effect.
- Prebiotics (FOS) to promote beneficial bacteria colonization in the detriment of pathogenic bacteria.
Dosage and application
- An innovative airless vacuum pump ensure easy and proper dosage.
- Novyrate Piglet is beneficial in case of signs of digestive upset, but also preventive during critical periods (weaning, feed transitions, …)
- Give one dose (2 ml) as soon as the appearance of the first signs of digestive upsets.
- A second dose should be used 6 hours later.
- Before use or extension of use, it is recommended to ask for the opinion of specialist.